- 1 (16-ounce) package linguine or spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 9 oz of pesto
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (divided)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente according to package directions.
- Cook pasta in salted water. When pasta is done, drain well and keep warm. Drain cooked pasta in a colander. Meanwhile, cook the chicken. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, olive oil, and garlic over medium-high heat.
- When garlic begins to sizzle, add the chicken cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken cubes to the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir over medium heat until chicken is almost cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Add cream to the chicken mixture in the pot.
- To the chicken mixture, add all but 3 tablespoons of the pesto, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, the lemon zest, and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss over medium heat until chicken is thoroughly cooked and the mixture is hot. Add peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer until just warmed.
- Place the warm pasta in a serving bowl and top with the chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons pesto with the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Drizzle the lemon pesto over the pasta and chicken.