- Species: Siberian sturgeon, Acipenser baerii
- Origin of the species: fluvial basins of Siberia (from the Ob to the Kolyma rivers) and Lake Baikal.
- Size of the fish: medium-sized, with a weight between 8 and 40 kg (17.6 to 88.2 lbs).
- Roe diameter: medium to large, 2.7/3.0mm
- Color: from dark grey to light brown
- Texture: firm
- Character: full flavored with slight iodine elements
- Aromatic notes: nuts, oyster, nori seaweed, honey
Flavor notes: A bold caviar with full-flavored aromas of the sea, finishes with clean, pure unabashed flavor. The Royal selection boasts a perfect marriage between bottarga and dried fruit flavors with just a trace of cured meats.
A succulent caviar that demands attention, starting out creamy and luscious, finishing clean like ocean mist. It will transport you back to the golden age of caviar!
Time required to harvest: 8 years
Shelf life: 90 days, unopened, from ship date
Brut champagne or dry white, highly mineral wines (such as Muscadet or Chablis), or premium vodka. Serve with smoked fish or oysters because it stands up to it; this is the caviar to serve atop smoked salmon for an elegant surprise.
This product is perishable and requires fast shipping to ensure it arrives in perfect condition.
Please note: To avoid weekend transit, orders placed after 11AM PT / 2PM ET on Tuesday with 2-Day shipping, will ship on Monday of the following week. We do not deliver perisables to PO Boxes.
Pre-ordered items will be shipped as soon as they become available. For more information, view full Shipping & Handling Details
- Overnight Shipping - US Only - Pre Order