Serving: 4 people
- 4 kg Whole Scallops or 400gm of de-shelled scallop flesh
- 2 cl of olive oil
- 50 g of butter
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- 10 cl of chicken broth
- 30 g of Moutarde de Meaux® Pommery®
- 20 mustard leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Shell the scallops or have it done by your fishmonger. Reserve the flesh and shells
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat and deeply brown both the scallops on both sides
- Lower the heat, then add the fresh butter and chopped rosemary.
- Baste the scallops well with the foaming butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the shells in an oven until it is slightly hot and arrange the scallops in their hot shells.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken jus and the Meaux® Pommery® Mustard.
- Reduce to preferred consistency and pour over the scallops. Decorate with the fresh mustard leaves.
Recipe imagined and produced by chef Frederic Le Guen-Geffroy